There is a direct correlation between the success of the students and the greater the sense of community, which is supported by countless articles about the importance of a classroom community. When students feel comfortable in the classroom – virtual or physical – they will succeed, making the learning environment more enjoyable for everyone.
Using Glogster, create a glog to introduce yourself to others in the class. What is a glog? A Glog is created using a very easy to understand, drag and drop interface that is relevant, enjoyable, and scalable for students of all ages and learning styles. A Glog is an interactive visual platform in which users create a “poster or web page” containing multimedia elements including: text, audio, video, images, graphics, drawings, and data.
What should you include in your introduction? This is your opportunity to share who you are, and what you believe, with this class (and beyond). Consider the following questions:
- What are your interests and/or hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What grade level do you teach? (If you are not currently teaching talk about the grade level you would teach.)
- What subject matter do you teach? (If you are not currently teaching, talk about what subject matter you would teach.)
- Where do you teach? (e.g., which state or country)
- What helps you learn best, both individually and with others?
- What brought you to where you are today as an educator?
- What are your personal goals for this course/semester?
- What is your current educational passion?